Monday 16 November 2009

I had a dream...




... and today it came true! I think it must be every photographer's dream to see their work on a gallery wall, but imagine how good it is to see the gallery walls with ONLY your work hanging there.


Today,the Artie Fartie Gallery in Wellingborough re-opened its doors and I was given carte blanche to hang my pix wherever I wanted. The gallery is in a great location, with ample free parking and a really nice little organic coffee shop just along the way, and to make it all even better it's in an old gasworks, with authentic Victorian buildings that create a good atmosphere.


Most of the morning was spent on a spruce up session, with much dust leaving the building by the huge double doors at the front. Then the hanging began and I hit on a theme of local views on one side and international pictures on the other, which lets customers focus on the type of thing that they are looking for without being confused by a jumble sale effect of disparate subjects all mixed together

As the gallery has been closed for several weeks, I think it will take a while for shoppers to realise that it is now open for business again, but none the less, there were 4 "serious browsers" today who all had ideas about what they wanted, and asked me to search my library of images for suitable subjetcs for them to consider

No comments:

Post a Comment