Wednesday 27 January 2010

A free airshow!











Was what I got today at Sywell Aerodrome, near Northampton. I had pulled in just to use their,um "facilities", when I heard the unmistakeable sound of aircraft engines, powerful ones, very close overhead...
So rushing outside and grabbing my camera (always near to hand!) I was treated to a practice session by The Blades aerobatic team, which is based at Sywell Aerodrome. Conditions for both flying and photography were marginal to say the least, with a low leaden sky and occasional drizzle, but I shot what I could using high ISO speed to gain some shuuter speed advantage. Sadly, I didn't have a telephoto lens with me or I would have been able to get some closer shots - these guys fly LOW!
Anyway.... here are a couple with my 105mm... cropped to enhance them a little

1 comment: