Saturday 19 December 2009

Out and about today...


in the snow of East Northamptonshire, and I was able to capture some really beautiful and evocative winter photographs.

I spent a little time wandering around Upper Dean, on the Northants/Bedfordshire border and came across the wonderful gravestone pictured here... if the inscription is not too clear it reads "Walter James Green... ...who was called away (suddenly).... I love the use of the parentheses ....! Sadly, it appears that whatever he was called away for, the old boy never returned! Perhaps this was mid-Victorian humour?
I am hoping for a few more crisp sunny blue sky days, to accompany our Alpine scenery, so that I can get out and about in the glorious county of Northamptonshire some more

1 comment:

  1. There is a lovely one of an angel in my home village-marks the grave of a 16 yr old lad killed in victorian times by a cricket ball!

    ReplyDelete