Sunday 27 December 2009

Nostalgia...


...it's a thing of the past, as the old joke goes... but I was struck very firmly on the nostalgia nerve when in Newark on Christmas Eve. There I was minding my own business, when the car pictured (above) trundled to a halt at the lights.... a perfect copy of my own first car, an Old English White Morris 1ooo convertible. Suddenly I was transported back to the 60s when I used this car to get everywhere! 2401 Ac gave me the freedom that I craved... and a whole lot of fun too!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but the owner of this particular car was a miserable git!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never forget your first car! Ours was a beige Beetle Car! For a time it was scary because John had just taken his test! I found myself although not a driver was putting my foot on a brake that I didn't have,ha!ha! It was a lovely car though and other Beetle drivers waved and you waved back.

    ReplyDelete